© esba, 2020
Policies & Disclaimer
European Small Business Alliance AISBL (hereinafter, “ESBA”, “we”, “us”, “our”) manages your personal data in full compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Below you can find out what personal data we process, for which reasons and how it is being processed. The Internet will never be a 100% safe place, but we do our best to ensure that your personal data is properly secured and processed in full accordance to the GDPR.
Who we are
European Small Business Alliance AISBL
Rue de la Science 14,
Belgium [email protected]
What personal data do we collect and why we collect it
ESBA only stores data when this is necessary for our objectives and when we have a legal basis for storing and processing the data. All the personal data we hold is password protected so that only ESBA staff can access this. Below, you can read what type of data we collect via which channel and what we use it for.
We collect your information for the following reasons:
- To organise events, conferences;
- To send newsletters or press releases;
- To provide, support and ameliorate the services we offer;
- To analyse web statistics and log files;
- To compute anonymous statistics;
- To prepare entrance permissions and access control to our events.
News Updates Section
When you sign up with your name and email address you will receive news alerts or RSS push notifications if you selected the RSS option. You will only receive notifications from us when there is a new piece of news posted in this section of our website.
You can unsubscribe from the news updates or RSS at any point without having to give us a reason. Every update contains a reminder of the possibility to unsubscribe. The information is then automatically deleted from the register.
External Contacts and Third Party Links
We also store the names, positions and email addresses of our external partners. These include other EU officials, service providers, journalists, etc. Data processing is limited to direct exchanges with these external contacts, like requests for meetings, invitations to events, sharing publications, requests for cooperating on programmes, etc.
Our website may provide links to third party websites and/or social widgets, as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Flickr, Vimeo, Youtube. These websites may not have the same privacy policies as ours. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of any site you visit.
How do we keep your data safe?
We store your data securely in our password protected servers and shared cloud. These are accessible only to ESBA staff. We will regularly check our contacts database to ensure all information is accurate and necessary.
Who processes your personal data and to whom is it disclosed?
By default, your information is not shared with any other party. We will never sell your personal information. We may disclose and share your personal information with our service providers, who are working with us to perform functions and process user data on our behalf.
We only work with GDPR-compliant service providers, and we utilise Processing Agreements when the situation requires it. We may also disclose your data to third parties when we are legally obliged to comply with statutory obligations, such as court orders or to cooperate with authorities as the police.
How long do we keep your data?
ESBA will keep your data only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes mentioned above. Personal data (based on consent as a legal basis) will be processed until the consent is withdrawn.
- Right of access and inspection: You have the right (at any time and free of charge) to access your personal data and inspect how we use it.
- Right of correction, deletion and restriction: You are free to communicate your personal data, or not. You always have the right to ask us to correct, supplement or delete your personal data.
- Right of opposition: You have a right of opposition against the processing of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent: In so far as the processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent. In other words, you can opt out of the News Updates without giving a reason for it.
Updates to this policy
Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions or requests regarding your personal data.
In case you are not satisfied with our answer, you can always address a complaint (in French, Dutch or German) to the Data Protection Authority (DPA) of Belgium via:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Rue de la Presse 35, B-1000, Brussels, Belgium