German ESBA member UMU awards Commissioner Oettinger
May 8 2011
On 8 May 2011, ESBA's German member, 'Union Mittelstaendischer Unternehmen e.V.' (UMU), honoured European Commissioner Guenther Oettinger with the 'German Elite-SME Award 2010'. In the Presence of ESBA President Tina Sommer, the Commissioner was praised for his heartfelt commitment to family businesses and his personal efforts towards facilitating a culture of entrepreneurship. Since 1994, the award is bestowed to politicians who have shown remarkable effort towards SMEs and the promotion of entrepreneurialism in Germany. Amongst previous recipients are Edmund Stoiber and Gerhard Schroeder. The 5000 Euro's, connected to the prize, will be donated to charity by Commissioner Oettinger.
To learn more about the award and for more information on ESBA's German member, please visit: http://www.umu.de/sys/
- EU -US Data Protection Battle at the Expense of European SMEs
- Report on ESBA Event Running a Business in Turbulent Times, 20 June 2013
- European Parliament Working Breakfast: Small businesses express concerns over data protection rules
- Small businesses call for shifting focus in data protection debate
- ESBA Honorary President Tina Sommer delivers SMEs stance on European Common Sales Law at European Parliament hearing
- Euronews Business Awards
- Is Bigger Better?
- ESBA Annual Event 28 June 2012: ''Micro-Business: Your Favorite Employer''
- ESBA Member speaks in Parliament to cut red tape
- Small businesses in dire need of finance
- ALDE launches campaign to boost SMEs
- ESBA President Tina Sommer gives small business perspective at Trier conference.
- ESBA Joins Lisbon Council's 'SME Council'
- Micro businesses exempted from burdensome EU accounting rules
- Institutions see the need to diversify within the SME spectrum
- Tina Sommer speaks on SMEs and the Internet
- ESBA Member UMIS-SMEA Organises Succesful Event in Dubrovnik
- ESBA MEMBER FSB AND MEPs SEND STRONG MESSAGE TO COMMISSION ON TRAILER HEIGHT
- SME definition revisited
- ESBA urges President Barroso to improve the regulatory environment for MSEs
- 23 June 2011: ESBA Annual Event
- ESBA Welcomes European Commission's Unitary Patent Proposals
- ESBA Members from Spain and Gibraltar Sign Historical Agreement
- ESBA represented at FSB conference Liverpool
- Review of Small Business Act adopted: Member States to Pick up the Pace
- SME FINANCE: EU Parliament hits the nail on the head
- ESBA supports European Parliaments move towards EU patent
- Small Business Act Reviewed
- Council Rejects Parliament's Push for Increased Maternity Leave.
- ESBA Launches Written Declaration on Reducing Administrative Burdens