ESBA Welcomes European Commission's Unitary Patent Proposals
April 13 2011
ESBA Welcomes the European Commission's proposals on unitary patent protection, as tabled today (13 April 2011). In a European Union where innovation is on the top of the agenda, well protected intellectual property is of the essence.
ESBA is pleased with the outcome of the Parliament's vote. The current legal environment makes filing for patents an extremely costly and burdensome exercise for the EU's smallest businesses, which are often forced to hire external experts and struggle with issues of translation. The proposal by the European Commission is a definite step in the right direction. ESBA trusts the Council and Parliament to adopt the proposals as they have shown their support in earlier stages. ESBA expresses hope that the remaining 2 Member States will in time join the Enhanced Cooperation Agreement to make the EU patent as inclusive as possible. ESBA strongly advises the Commission to insure an effective information campaign to go hand in hand with the new developments to ensure that European SMEs are aware of the changes and how to use them to their advantage.
- European Parliament Working Breakfast: Small businesses express concerns over data protection rules
- Small businesses call for shifting focus in data protection debate
- ESBA Honorary President Tina Sommer delivers SMEs stance on European Common Sales Law at European Parliament hearing
- Euronews Business Awards
- Is Bigger Better?
- ESBA Annual Event 28 June 2012: ''Micro-Business: Your Favorite Employer''
- ESBA Member speaks in Parliament to cut red tape
- Small businesses in dire need of finance
- ALDE launches campaign to boost SMEs
- ESBA President Tina Sommer gives small business perspective at Trier conference.
- ESBA Joins Lisbon Council's 'SME Council'
- Micro businesses exempted from burdensome EU accounting rules
- Institutions see the need to diversify within the SME spectrum
- Tina Sommer speaks on SMEs and the Internet
- ESBA Member UMIS-SMEA Organises Succesful Event in Dubrovnik
- ESBA MEMBER FSB AND MEPs SEND STRONG MESSAGE TO COMMISSION ON TRAILER HEIGHT
- SME definition revisited
- ESBA urges President Barroso to improve the regulatory environment for MSEs
- 23 June 2011: ESBA Annual Event
- German ESBA member UMU awards Commissioner Oettinger
- ESBA Members from Spain and Gibraltar Sign Historical Agreement
- ESBA represented at FSB conference Liverpool
- Review of Small Business Act adopted: Member States to Pick up the Pace
- SME FINANCE: EU Parliament hits the nail on the head
- ESBA supports European Parliaments move towards EU patent
- Small Business Act Reviewed
- Council Rejects Parliament's Push for Increased Maternity Leave.
- ESBA Launches Written Declaration on Reducing Administrative Burdens