Council Rejects Parliament's Push for Increased Maternity Leave.
December 7 2010
On 6 December, EU social affairs ministers have decided during their Council meeting in Brussels to reject demands of the European Parliament regarding an increase in the minimum standards of maternity leave. The Council is expected to publish its common position in 2011.
The European Small Business Alliance (ESBA) welcomed the Council's conclusions. ESBA President Tina Sommer said: ''We all want adequate, flexible maternity leave but it should be for governments in dialogue with parents and their employers to decide how much their economy can afford to give and how it is to be delivered. These proposals should be about setting minimum EU standards for the health and safety of pregnant workers - not adding new payroll costs for overburdened companies and national social security systems.''
Read more on EurActiv: http://www.euractiv.com/en/socialeurope/ministers-reject-parliaments-wishes-maternity-leave-news-500342
- German ESBA members UMU gives SME Award
- Eurozone banks in better shape than expected
- COSME programme could help many SMEs
- Long-term growth may rests on stimulating investments for SMEs
- ESBA Secretary General Patrick Gibbels speaks to CNBC about access to finance for SMEs.
- ESBA joins forces with SEAP for Annual Event 2014: TTIP
- ESBA secretary-general Patrick Gibbels responds to latest ECB report
- Croatian ESBA members event leads to creation of Tourism Expert Group
- The Commission President candidates clash on the economy but largely ignore SMEs
- Chancellor addresses ESBA UK member FSB's 40th National Conference in Manchester
- Slovenian ESBA member hosts conference
- EU -US Data Protection Battle at the Expense of European SMEs
- Report on ESBA Event Running a Business in Turbulent Times, 20 June 2013
- European Parliament Working Breakfast: Small businesses express concerns over data protection rules
- Small businesses call for shifting focus in data protection debate
- ESBA Honorary President Tina Sommer delivers SMEs stance on European Common Sales Law at European Parliament hearing
- Euronews Business Awards
- Is Bigger Better?
- ESBA Annual Event 28 June 2012: ''Micro-Business: Your Favorite Employer''
- ESBA Member speaks in Parliament to cut red tape
- Small businesses in dire need of finance
- ALDE launches campaign to boost SMEs
- ESBA President Tina Sommer gives small business perspective at Trier conference.
- ESBA Joins Lisbon Council's 'SME Council'
- Micro businesses exempted from burdensome EU accounting rules
- Institutions see the need to diversify within the SME spectrum
- Tina Sommer speaks on SMEs and the Internet
- ESBA Member UMIS-SMEA Organises Succesful Event in Dubrovnik
- ESBA MEMBER FSB AND MEPs SEND STRONG MESSAGE TO COMMISSION ON TRAILER HEIGHT
- SME definition revisited
- ESBA urges President Barroso to improve the regulatory environment for MSEs
- 23 June 2011: ESBA Annual Event
- German ESBA member UMU awards Commissioner Oettinger
- ESBA Welcomes European Commission's Unitary Patent Proposals
- ESBA Members from Spain and Gibraltar Sign Historical Agreement
- ESBA represented at FSB conference Liverpool
- Review of Small Business Act adopted: Member States to Pick up the Pace
- SME FINANCE: EU Parliament hits the nail on the head
- ESBA supports European Parliaments move towards EU patent
- Small Business Act Reviewed
- ESBA Launches Written Declaration on Reducing Administrative Burdens