ESBA Joins Lisbon Council's 'SME Advisory Council'
February 2 2012
On 31 January, ESBA participated in the first 'SME Advisory Council', organised by the Lisbon Council. The Council will provide input into a new and innovative centre of excellence, called the Single Market Entrepreneurs (SME) Centre.
The SME Centre was set up to enhance the visibility, recognise the importance and underline the transformational nature of entrepreneurs and small- and medium-sized companies (SMEs).
In the course of 2012, the SME Centre will undertake a number of significant activities including: publishing a cutting-edge research paper on entrepreneurship, featuring articles by prominent thought leaders; hosting the Annual Summit with VIP speakers, representatives of SMEs, business associations, policy makers and members of the press; convening High-Level Working Groups on issues of importance to SMEs.
Special guest at this first meeting was Malcolm Harbour, member of the European Parliament and chair of the Committee on Internal Market and Consumer Protection. Mr. Harbour is a member of the SME Centre's Advisory Council, and has pledged to support its activities and initiatives.
Chaired by the Lisbon Council's Ann Mettler, a fruitful discussion took place, addressing numerous SME related topics, following an informal 'think-tank approach'.
- UK Federation of Small Businesses in High Level TTIP discussion
- Stoiber Appointed Special Adviser on Better Regulation
- ESBA Welcomes Junker Commissions Approach to Better Regulation
- ESBA Speaks at EVLIA conference in Venice
- German ESBA members UMU gives SME Award
- Eurozone banks in better shape than expected
- COSME programme could help many SMEs
- Long-term growth may rests on stimulating investments for SMEs
- ESBA Secretary General Patrick Gibbels speaks to CNBC about access to finance for SMEs.
- ESBA joins forces with SEAP for Annual Event 2014: TTIP
- ESBA secretary-general Patrick Gibbels responds to latest ECB report
- Croatian ESBA members event leads to creation of Tourism Expert Group
- The Commission President candidates clash on the economy but largely ignore SMEs
- Chancellor addresses ESBA UK member FSB's 40th National Conference in Manchester
- Slovenian ESBA member hosts conference
- EU -US Data Protection Battle at the Expense of European SMEs
- Report on ESBA Event Running a Business in Turbulent Times, 20 June 2013
- European Parliament Working Breakfast: Small businesses express concerns over data protection rules
- Small businesses call for shifting focus in data protection debate
- ESBA Honorary President Tina Sommer delivers SMEs stance on European Common Sales Law at European Parliament hearing
- Euronews Business Awards
- Is Bigger Better?
- ESBA Annual Event 28 June 2012: ''Micro-Business: Your Favorite Employer''
- ESBA Member speaks in Parliament to cut red tape
- Small businesses in dire need of finance
- ALDE launches campaign to boost SMEs
- ESBA President Tina Sommer gives small business perspective at Trier conference.
- Micro businesses exempted from burdensome EU accounting rules
- Institutions see the need to diversify within the SME spectrum
- Tina Sommer speaks on SMEs and the Internet
- ESBA Member UMIS-SMEA Organises Succesful Event in Dubrovnik
- ESBA MEMBER FSB AND MEPs SEND STRONG MESSAGE TO COMMISSION ON TRAILER HEIGHT
- SME definition revisited
- ESBA urges President Barroso to improve the regulatory environment for MSEs
- 23 June 2011: ESBA Annual Event
- German ESBA member UMU awards Commissioner Oettinger
- ESBA Welcomes European Commission's Unitary Patent Proposals
- ESBA Members from Spain and Gibraltar Sign Historical Agreement
- ESBA represented at FSB conference Liverpool
- Review of Small Business Act adopted: Member States to Pick up the Pace
- SME FINANCE: EU Parliament hits the nail on the head
- ESBA supports European Parliaments move towards EU patent
- Small Business Act Reviewed
- Council Rejects Parliament's Push for Increased Maternity Leave.
- ESBA Launches Written Declaration on Reducing Administrative Burdens